2. Go Electrical is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses (the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the National Privacy Principles (the Privacy Act)) and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
Collection of information
3. Go Electrical only collects information that it needs to collect to carry on its business. Some information provided to Go Electrical by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details Go Electrical would not be able to carry on its business and provide services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
4. Generally, personal information is collected from people by Go Electrical in the following situations:
If you contact Go Electrical, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
When you submit your e-mail address to our website mailing list.
In order to allow you to purchase goods from us using any form of credit and for us to bill you for and deliver the products and services we supply to you or your business. When you place an order with us for goods and services approved trade account. In some cases this will be your personal information rather than that of a company or business. Before we can do this, we need to know who you are and where you are for the purposes of processing your transaction.
Go Electrical will only collect this information in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act. If you do not provide the personal information that we request then we may not be able to process your order as quickly as you may desire.
5. We may need to ask you or others further questions to ensure we are clear about your needs and to enable us to properly assess the risk. We collect this information through our employees and through our contracted agents and other service providers. Wherever reasonable and practicable, we will ask you for the information directly. However, we may need to contact other people and organisations, such as your business associates, bankers, credit reference agencies and referees to collect information about you, subject to the requirements of the Privacy Act.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
6. We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (e.g. provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you and technical maintenance). We may also use such information for any purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where it would reasonably be expected by you that we would use this information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information. As some of our information technology service providers are located overseas, personal information collected and held by us may be transferred overseas.
7. In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
8. Except as set out above, your information will only be seen or used by persons working for or on behalf of Go Electrical who assist us in delivering our products and services which includes but is not limited to our employees, contractors, contracted agents, delivery companies, financial institutions, web-hosting organisations and information technology providers, managers, debt collection agents and statisticians. Where your personal information is disclosed to these parties, Go Electrical will ensure that they undertake to protect your privacy and will only authorise them to use your personal information for the purpose that we supplied it to them for.
9. From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with news or offers about products and services available from Go Electrical or its related bodies corporate that may be of interest to you. At any time, if you no longer wish to receive this additional marketing material please contact our Sales Department or email us at email@example.com
Website and email use
10. Go Electrical collects information from its websites using “IP files”. When you visit the Go Electrical sites to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our websites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our websites.
11. Cookies. When you interact with us online, our system may automatically send you a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer, enabling your computer to be recognised the next time you visit a site. Cookies are used to improve your experience of our website. You may turn off cookies at any time by changing the configuration of your internet browser, however your experience of our website may be affected as a result. Go Electrical does not currently use, reference or share information contained within the cookies it creates with any other company.
12. Our websites may contain links to other websites and those third party websites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of websites that are linked to our websites. Go Electrical encourages users to be aware when they leave our websites to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
13. Go Electrical is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information you may provide to us by ensuring your e-mail address and any other personal information about you will only be disclosed to relevant employees and contractors and used for the purpose of responding to a request or to carry out instructions. In the event of a marketing promotion, Go Electrical reserves the right to contact promotion registrants in accordance with opt-in email legislation. However, no data transmission over the Internet, including email, can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user’s personal information, Go Electrical cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Go Electrical receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
14. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Security and storage
15. We recognise that you are concerned about the security and confidentiality of the information we hold about you. Go Electrical places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place which are intended to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
16. Our employees who have access to your information have been briefed on the requirements of the Privacy Act and our contracted service providers have been made aware that they are required to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act.
17. Go Electrical retains the information you provide to us including your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
18. Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
19. Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
Access to and correction of personal information
20 Go Electrical is committed to maintaining accurate, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and website users.
21. So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, then we will give you access to that information through our Privacy Officer: